My spouse has been ordered to pay child support, but she/he is not paying. Is there anything I can do?

There are several different was you can enforce child support obligations in Oklahoma.  For example, one route is to file a contempt citation.  This would show that the paying parent has been ordered to pay child support and she/he is not currently doing so.  If the paying parent continues to not pay, then they may be held in contempt.  However, this route is extreme and does not necessarily get the parent the funds needed.  The most effective option is to use Child Support Services.  Child Support Services will employ such actions as wage garnishments or even revoking the paying parent’s licenses. 

Keenan Haught
Connect with me