I haven’t been able to pay my child support obligation and I’m behind. Is there anything I can do?

Any attempt to deprive a child of support is void.  However, past due child support can be waived, if it is waived by the receiving parent. Waiving past due child support does not waive any portion of future obligated child support.  Future child support can never be waived or contracted away.  The reasoning behind this, is that the child is entitled to support and the child is not a party to the agreement.  Therefore, any agreement to waive child support will only waive the past due child support.
Keenan Haught
Connect with me