I don’t get to see my child as much as I would like. How can I get more time with him/her?

Typically, in Oklahoma a motion to modify child custody only requires there be a change in circumstances and that this change is in the best interest of the child.  The change in circumstances can be several different things. For example, it could be a parent got a new job and this job allows more time to be spent with the child.  After the change in circumstances requirement is met, the moving party must show that the change in custody is in the best interest of the child.  However, if the moving party is trying to modify full custody, then the test requires there to be a permeant, substantial and material change in conditions, which directly affects the best interest of the child, and as a result, the child would be substantially better off with respect to temporal, mental, and moral welfare if the requested change in custody is ordered.  This requirement is much harder to satisfy than the general change in circumstances requirement. 

Keenan Haught
Connect with me